Happy New Year! I hope that 2016 will be a cheerful, healthy, creative and successful year for all of you!
Now that 2016 is well and truly under way and I only have to get used to writing, typing or thinking of 2016 as a date, I thought I would share some of my creative new year’s resolutions for this year. I’m sure most of us have new year’s resolutions – whether we end up achieving them or putting them into the “too hard” box is another thing…but once again I have made some of my own for the year of sewing, styling and creating in no particular order:
- set up my own sewing room in our back yard bungalow – long work in progress trying to declutter it! I will keep you updated!
- photograph and upload all my sewing patterns in their correct categories – also a big job because there are so many of them!
- post one blog post a week in any one of my categories
- finally get around to filling up the Fashion Styling category with some posts
- work through my stash without adding to it unless it is things I need to finish off a garment such as lining, zips, buttons etc…
- make a good mix of vintage and contemporary clothing in 2016
- make more and buy less clothes in 2016
That is my little list which will instigate a lot of pleasurable work and effort and at the end of the year I will be able to tell you whether I have succeeded in ticking all the above boxes. Now it’s time to roll up my sleeves and get to it!